Homeowners Insurance in Knoxville, TN
A standard homeowners insurance policy insures the home itself and the things you keep inside. By having homeowners insurance, you can financially protect yourself if there’s an accident. Contact our agency today to learn more about homeowners insurance or to get a no-obligation quote.
What Is Homeowners Insurance?
As its name suggests, homeowners insurance can provide critical financial security for you and your home. Also known as home insurance, this type of coverage is among the most commonly purchased throughout the United States. Policies establish a binding agreement between you and your insurance company that may ensure critical financial assistance in response to covered incidents.
What Does Homeowners Insurance Cover?
Homeowners insurance may be customized to suit your needs, preferences and budget. In most cases, these policies can provide financial protection for the following:
- Primary dwelling—This includes the structural elements of your residence, including its foundations, walls, roof and attached fixtures.
- Other structures—This coverage may help pay for damage sustained by detached garages, gazebos, guest houses and sheds.
- Contents—Your insurance may also compensate you for covered losses involving your possessions, such as furniture, clothing and electronics.
- Personal liability—If you or another member of your household are at fault for third-party losses, such as those of a neighbor or passerby, this coverage may help pay for resulting losses.
- Loss of use—This coverage may help pay for expenses from being forced to vacate your home temporarily, including hotel accommodations, storage units and restaurant meals.
How Does Homeowners Insurance Work?
While the exact details, limitations and capabilities of homeowners insurance may vary, they can typically provide funds and resources to limit your out-of-pocket losses following covered incidents up to your policy’s limits and minus any deductibles.
Covered incidents typically include fires, theft, burglary and some weather-related perils (e.g., hail). Assess your unique insurance needs to determine if additional coverage or endorsements may be necessary, such as those that can provide financial protection from earthquakes, floods and hurricanes.
Do I Need Homeowners Insurance?
While purchasing a home insurance policy may not be mandated by the federal, state or local government, your lender may require proof of home insurance if you have a mortgage. Carrying appropriate homeowners insurance is always a good idea as the policy can help financially protect you if you experience a covered accident or other loss. Without home insurance, you may be left to cover the replacement or repair costs on your own following an incident.
How to Get Homeowners Insurance
If you need a homeowners insurance policy or want to evaluate whether the coverage you have is adequate, we’re here to help. Give Tennessee State Insurance a call today to get started or request your free quote now.